Front End Libraries Projects - Build a Drum Machine
- Objective: Build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/MJyNMd.
- Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style.
- User Story #1: I should be able to see an outer container with a corresponding
id="drum-machine" that contains all other elements.
- User Story #2: Within
#drum-machine I can see an element with a corresponding
- User Story #3: Within
#drum-machine I can see 9 clickable drum pad elements, each with a class name of
drum-pad, a unique id that describes the audio clip the drum pad will be set up to trigger, and an inner text that corresponds to one of the following keys on the keyboard: Q, W, E, A, S, D, Z, X, C. The drum pads MUST be in this order.
- User Story #4: Within each
.drum-pad, there should be an HTML5
audio element which has a
src attribute pointing to an audio clip, a class name of
clip, and an id corresponding to the inner text of its parent
- User Story #5: When I click on a
.drum-pad element, the audio clip contained in its child
audio element should be triggered.
- User Story #6: When I press the trigger key associated with each
.drum-pad, the audio clip contained in its child
audio element should be triggered (e.g. pressing the Q key should trigger the drum pad which contains the string "Q", pressing the W key should trigger the drum pad which contains the string "W", etc.).
- User Story #7: When a
.drum-pad is triggered, a string describing the associated audio clip is displayed as the inner text of the
#display element (each string must be unique).
- You can build your project by forking this CodePen pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like:
- Once you're done, submit the URL to your working project with all its tests passing.
- Remember to use the Read-Search-Ask method if you get stuck.