Take Home Projects - Show the Local Weather
- Objective: Build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/bELRjV.
- Rule #1: Don't look at the example project's code. Figure it out for yourself.
- Rule #2: Fulfill the below user stories. Use whichever libraries or APIs you need. Give it your own personal style.
- User Story: I can see the weather in my current location.
- User Story: I can see a different icon or background image (e.g. snowy mountain, hot desert) depending on the weather.
- User Story: I can push a button to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Note: Many internet browsers now require an HTTP Secure (
https://) connection to obtain a user's locale via HTML5 Geolocation. For this reason, we recommend using HTML5 Geolocation to get user location and then use the freeCodeCamp Weather API https://fcc-weather-api.glitch.me which uses an HTTP Secure connection for the weather. Also, be sure to connect to CodePen.io via
- Remember to use Read-Search-Ask if you get stuck.
- When you are finished, click the "I've completed this challenge" button and include a link to your CodePen.
- You can get feedback on your project by sharing it with your friends on Facebook.